The clinic was established in 1991 and is the main centre for patients
with HTLV-1 & HTLV-2 infection in the United Kingdom.
The aim of the service:
• To assess, treat and manage patients with HTLV infection.
• To offer counselling for patients with HTLV infection and their families.
• To investigate why and how some patients with HTLV infection develop the disease.
• To study and improve the treatment of patients with HTLV associated disease.
Other services include:
• Pre-test information
• Diagnostic tests and specialised investigations
• Specialist multidisciplinary management of HTLV-associated diseases
• Long-term follow up of HTLV carriers
• Patient information and support
• Advice on pregnancy and infant feeding
• Research studies
• Clinical trials
Covid-19 advice for those
living with HTLV infection
International health policy
forum for the elimination of HTLV
Advancing HTLV public policies
around the world
We would like to wish you a warm welcome to the “Webinar HTLV World Day: International health policy forum for the elimination of HTLV” co-organized by HTLV Channel and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO). The event will be an interactive meeting, and will be held online on 10th November of 2021, at 08:00 (GMT -3).
The webinar will discuss public health policies aimed at people living with HTLV. The objective is to share experiences and good practices from different countries and to discuss strategies for the prevention and eradication of the virus.
The event will be broadcast simultaneously in three languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Join us in this virtual meeting! Let's build together an agenda to tackle HTLV infection.
Wednesday, 10 November 2021
8.00am Brasilia | 6.00am Washington | 11.00am London 12.00pm Geneva | 4.30pm Delhi | 10.00pm Melbourne
The National Centre for Human Retrovirology Clinic Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Ground Floor, Winston Churchill Wing, St Mary's Hospital, Praed Street, London W2 1NY